General Information for Delegates
Reno, Nevada, USA - general
The City of Reno is located in Washoe County, Nevada, less than 24 km/15 miles from the California state line. The city lies in a high desert river valley just beyond the eastern edges of the Plumas and Tahoe National Forests. This river valley, known as the Truckee Meadows, stretches the 130 km/80 miles between Lake Tahoe and Pyramid Lake, with Reno right in between.
Climate & Weather
Reno sits in the rain-shadow of the Sierra Nevada mountain range and experiences a cool semi-arid climate. July is Reno's hottest month, with daily high temperatures reaching to about 90°F/32°C, with daily low temperatures down to about 55°F/12°C. Rainfall is highly unlikely in July (<5% chance), and in fact you can expect clear skies (chance of clouds at this time of year is about 12%). Humidity is not an issue, remaing rather constant at 0% during the month of July.
During this time of year daylight lasts more than 14 hours, with sunrise before 6:00AM, and sunset after 8:00PM. More details are available at Weather Spark.
General Congress information
- The official Congress language is English.
- The dress code is smart casual.
- Covid-19 considerations: After initially scheduling this meeting for July 2022, the Organizing Committee postponed the meeting to July 2023 due to Covid-19 considerations and potential impacts. We suspect the current 2023 schedule will be no problem relative to worldwide vaccination programs, and we do not expect problems with international travel.
- Time zone: Reno, Nevada is part of the western US, in the Pacific Time Zone (GMT -07:00)
- Currency: US dollar ($). Typically only US$ can be used, noting that there are exchange bureaus in many airports, and there are local banks that provide currency exchange services.
- Electricity: Power sockets in most of the US are 120V/60Hz, with two plug types - type A (two flat parallel pins) and type B (two flat parallel pins and a round grounding pin).
- More to come!
Please check back soon, as more information will be forthcoming!