Although details are not yet finalized, we anticipate awarding prizes for at least the following:
- Best Student Presentation (and runner up)
- Best Student Poster (and runner up)
- Diptera Photography Competition (open to all delegates, with first, second and third prizes)
For the Best Student Presentation and Poster competitions, all registered students are automatically entered, and judging will be by a selection panel of leading dipterists.
The Diptera Photography Competition is open to all delegates, student and regular. Information for delegates interested in submitting photographs will be provided soon. In the meantime, please feel free to contact one of the Co-Chairs (Shaun Winterton or Steve Gaimari) with questions. The guidelines are as follows:
- Photographs should either depict Diptera in life, or other digital formats of flies or fly structures
- A maximum of two photographs per person may be submitted for judging
- Photographs must be printed, with the maximum length and/or width being 10 inches (25 cm)
- Each photograph should have a title or description of no more than 250 characters (including spaces)
- Each photograph may be mounted on posterboard (or similar) with the title or description mounted below by up to one inch. If not mounted, supplies will be provided to properly hang the photograph and title or description.
- Judgement will be by a panel of experts, based on composition, originality and clarity.
Further details will be made available here as we finalize the program. Prizes will be announced at a later date.