We have some great tours lined up for you and your Accompanying Persons, both during and after the Congress. We have enlisted the services of Patty’s Tours, a travel company local to the Reno/Tahoe area that has been providing these services for more than a decade, and they have been a pleasure to work with in putting these tour packages together.
All of the information for our tours is at Patty's Tours. This is also the page for you to book your reservations. Be sure to take a look at the Tour Details for each of these excellent tours and decide which one (or ones) you want to attend.
Although much more detail is provided on the website, the tours are as follows:
- Two Lake Tahoe Day Tours (same tour, different days, to accommodate both Accompanying persons, as well as delegates for after the Congress) will take place on Tuesday, 18 July, mostly for Accompanying Persons, and on Saturday, 22 July, as a Post-Congress Tour.
- One Historic Virginia City Day Tour on Thursday, 20 July, as a during-Congress tour.
- One Post-Congress Tour to visit the wineries and vineyards of Lodi, California on Saturday, 22 July, as a Post-Congress Tour, for wine tasting and more!
On Your Own
Below is a guide to some of the interesting destinations one could visit while in this part of the US. There are more things to do than this, but here are a few to get you started with ideas.
- Right at the Silver Legacy, which is part of The Row, at any given time there are various Events and Shows - keep an eye on them as we get closer to the Congress!
- There are fun things to see near the Silver Legacy. Just a short walk away is the Riverwalk along the Truckee River. Reno Midtown is nearby, with its eclectic shops and great restaurants. Reno is also home to the Nevada Museum of Art and the National Automobile Musem
- You can also visit Lake Tahoe on your own, including several cruises on the lake, including:
- The Tahoe Gal
- The MS Dixie
- The Safari Rose and The Spirit of Tahoe
Other Nearby Attractions (organized by proximity)
A bit further away, but well worth it!
The State and National Parks, Forests, Historic Sites, Recreation Areas, Nature Preserves, Wildlife Areas and Refuges, Seashores, etc.